New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from a tech at Weapon-r and i was told that the header for the zetec cougar will be ready in a month... Maybe he was pulling my leg but whatever, i just thought i would let those who care know and those who don't then ignore the post..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
beena very long time...i cant remember if this is a 4-2-1 or a shorty??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it will be a 4-2-1 and not a shorty. we dont seem to have enough room for the shorty's i think...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, they or he the tech guy said he didnt have a pricing for them yet but i did tell him that if they could beat the price from zxtuner that they would sell like virgins at a Frat party:biggrin:... so yes I asked for info as soon as they get the pricing but not to worry i have and will keep emailing weapon-r...... by the looks of it most of the headers they sell go for about 245+ except for the v6 cougar.. so yes lets keep our fingers crossed...

·
Registered
211 Posts
ill sell you my set
when there ready since i get the first ones because i was the person they used for fitting?
if your intrested

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well then since you are the first, what if any, will be the difference between the weapon-r, and the zxtuner ones. Is the price goin to be alot different? installation? and fitment after?? if there is any info yo can tell us would you? I have ordered the zxtuner ones but they are on backorder till may and thats all i know so hopefully these will be out by then cause im goint o cancell my order.. any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well guys i havent really takled with them in a bit
im a little pissed at how long it took them to finish this prodject.
initally they said 3-6 monthes when that turned in to a year and some change i loss intrest.

so hopefully soon i'll get to collect on my much promised part for a car i no longer own .................LOL

i saw the proto types and it looked sweet decent welds and unploished it was still nice

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is what i sent and aswell as to what i received... word by word...

Subject RE: 2.0 (4cyl)mercury cougar header

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait you wanted the 4cyl that will be another month.
The V6's are being finished now.

Thank you,
Leo Now

Weapon*R USA
180 Sylvester St.
South San Francisco, Ca 94080

Email: [email protected]
AIM: Weaponrusa

Confidentiality Note:
This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged
information. If you are not a Named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose, or store copy of the information in any medium.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2.0 (4cyl)mercury cougar header

Are your mercury cougar headers ever going to be available for purchase?? I
am eagerly waiting fir this bolt on for my vehicle... thank you

so yes this is waht they told me but well see if they can keep their word not like that performance fords turbo crap that never happened...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1998-03 MERCURY COUGAR 4CYL 4-1 / 2PC 953-112-107 $348

it looks like weapon-r has a price for the headers but i have emailed them again and no response yet on wether these are pre-orders or ready to ship out .... so yes the price is slightly lower than zx-2's so who ever gets these firs let me know how they fit....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
what news on this???

i just got back from the muffler shop and i have somehow cracked factory header and am in need of a new one...
i will have to pull one off a scraped car for now...no way i am paying what ford wants.

need the new boys...whoever is staying on top of this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hello, i was searching the site but i didn't found if somebody already installed the header from weapon R?
What i wanted to know if it is a good thing to install it, but i haven't done anything els to my engine.
Or should i do other things first?
And could maybe post somebody a picture of the underside of the cougar with dual exhaust.

Thnx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.