New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill start from the beginning:
if you dont feel like reading the whole post, go to the last paragraph.
i leave work to go to the bank to drop off the deposit for my work(later found out banks were closed). i decide to take this road behind my work so i can test out my new toy. it is a two lane road on each side(4lanes in all). it is a good road to have fun on cause there are no other roads around and there is only grass and dirt all the way to the tree line on each side. so, i decide to see how my car launches from a dead stop. in doing this, i see a car a little ways back so i slam on my brakes so i can hurry up and stop and then go. i did not plan on my water in the middle spilling to the front area where i had something that did not need to get wet. well, my little thing got wet and i was PISSED. i instantly drop the clutch(feather,whatever) and to my surprise it may have been one of my greatest launches in a while.
me still pissed off, i pull up to a red light a little ways ahead and i plan on turning right. well, a little 96 prelude was sitting in the left lane. im pretty sure it was a 2.2 non-vetec. someone can correct me if that does not sound right. the guy gives his car a rev and we both start to roll as the other light is turning red. we both punch it when the light turns green. what happens? my damn car almost died as soon as i punched it. not sure why. it did not die but just kind of stuttered and wouldnt go. i did not almost stall either cause as i said, we were already rolling. the lude blows by me. now i am really PISSED.
after cooling off a little bit on my way to the bank. i see a blue SVT Focus pull out behind me on a different 4 lane road. i see this car all the time going and coming from the bank in a house off the side of the road and i have always wanted to see the difference between his svt zetec and my zetec. i can see him catching up with me and we hit a red light then he gets in the lane next to me. once again, we both aren't sure if each other wants to run so we start to roll(i think i saw this in some other post but i also dont want to be the idiot who takes off while the other guy just laughs and normally takes off). so about 4000rpm we both punch it. my car instantly jumps on him and he is at my rear quarter panel. i slowly pull on him till about 65mph then i slam on the brakes. his front bumper was probably 3-6 feet behind me. not sure as i was driving and watching for enforcers. now i was purely impressed cause i expected my front bumper to be at his back bumper. i hear the svt focus isnt all that, but still. his stock 170hp to my 125hp. both of us were not stock. i know he atleast had a muffler and an intake cause i could hear his over mine when we were both slowly climbing to 4000rpm.

my mods include: CTA intake
Esslinger underdrive pulley
Stoffler header(new toy) i will explain more on this mod when i get a camera
High-flo magnaflow cat leading to 2.25 pipes then the magnaflow muffler

IAT mod.- i did not use this mod against the SVT. i wish i would have though cause this is actually a really effective mod. it allows my car to pull strong all the way to the rev limiter. hopefully i will be joining george(drgzcoug) on the dyno just to see how effective it is.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I cant wait for my x-girlfriend to get back from school winter break. shes got a svt focus and brags constantly how "she always beats boys who want to race her". Hopefully my v6 is faster cuz thatd be pretty bad getting beat by my x...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts