New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i've been reading the forums, and finally decided to join,
i recently purchased my 1st car at the age of 17 back in september and couldn't have been happier with my cougar.
I first test drove some probes, which i really liked , but the tranny's sucked. Then I drove a 1995 camaro with a V6 which i didn't enjoy driving at all, then there was the cougar, and i knew it was meant to be. I have the nicest car in the high school parking lot, and am the envy of many of my friends haha, I do have big plans for it, though most of my funds went into buying the car. But you know, i'll prob just put some more subtle things on it, full stereo, carbon fiber hood, rims/tires/exhaust, street glow etc, as i can afford things again.
heres my child

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice ride.............and welcome to the boards. You'll find many knowledgable people here, who collectively, have probably done every mod you can think of...........:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
thanks for joining our cult..... i mean forums :biggrin: :wave:

G

·
ZEX.... you didn't just do that did you... hehe that made me laugh out loud for like 2 minutes. Nice.

Anyway Nate, nice cat. Keep us updated as you get new add-ons.

BTW I'm your same age and I'm going to be buying my 1st car which will also be a cougar.
Just gotta ask, how hard is it to get used to manual from automatic. I really want to have a car that can perform, and all I have driven up until now has been Auto's. Figure I might as well ask you since you're my age.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, when i learned how to drive, my dad taught me in an echo out on some back roads in this area. I would say it takes about a good afternoon to get a feel for the clutch and everything, sure you'll stall in traffic a few times and get frustrated, but its well worth it. I drove that echo for over a year, and hadn't ever driven another car with a standard in it, and when I was test driving my cougar I had no problem. Once you learn one you learn them all, and theres no turning back, b/c it is way wayyyyyyyyyy more fun! All in all i would say it took me a month or two to get smooth at it. But thats mainly because I would only practice once a week, and then the next time i would try it, it wouldn't be as fresh ya know?

the real trick? for me it was driving our 2003 honda accord which is an ATX, used my left foot to put the clutch down which of course ended up being the break pedal lol and i slammed my head on the windshield!!!

ps check out this sig i made,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.