New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got under the car and grabbed a picture. ive got a 19 mil rear sway bar but the issue i have i cant find bushings that fit. I have a clasp style mount that goes around the bushing.

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
I suppose something like this would work-

Or these from Prothane -

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Or you can use an 18mm bushing and just leave a gap. It wont hurt anything.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
ive got a roush bar, and i know they used to make a bushing that would fit into the stock bracket. would it really be a big deal to use the 19mm on the 21 mm bar. ive not searched for one fyi, dont yell. i do have proper bushings, but they are for the larger style bracket

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i just used a set of calipers and its telling me i have a 20 mm bar im just chasin this fckr around

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I dont remember 20 being a thing...if the 19mm wrench fit on it, its a 19. Calipers can be touchy, and they dont account for how much rust or paint is on the bar.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont remember 20 being a thing...if the 19mm wrench fit on it, its a 19. Calipers can be touchy, and they dont account for how much rust or paint is on the bar.
It wasnt an electronic caliper and i made sure to “tighten” the teeth or whatever theyre called on the bar

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. I do think it may be a 18 or 19mm bar... the 20mm bushing is a little loose. Itll do tho the part number on the old bushing is for a mondeo. Ys81-4a037

1 - 8 of 8 Posts