New Cougar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want this thing gone because its costing me money to keep it insured, and I'm not driving it at all. I'm now selling it for less then what I have into it. $2000 FRIM. Contact me if you are interested.

I bought this truck about 3 months ago with the intentions of driving it on bad winter days, so I would not have to drive the Cougar. Since the Cougar is for sale I don't need the Bronco.

You will be hard pressed to find a Bronco of this age in better condition in Ohio. This truck lived most of its life in Oklahoma where it is warm and dry almost all year. The body and frame are in great shape with the exception of the some dings and paint chips. The Bronco has about 188k miles on it, but runs well. It has the Ford 5.0L (302) V8 electronic fuel injected. It has a 4 speed automatic transmission, with push button 4x4. The previous owner installed an upgraded radiator, and a new electric motor for the push button 4x4 engagement shortly before I purchased the truck.

Since I purchased the Bronco, I have replace the wires, distributor rotor and cap, and ignition coil with all new MSD components, along with new copper plugs of course. These are known to be good for a stronger spark allowing you to advance the timing a couple of degrees and getting some more power out of the engine. Never got around to advancing the timing. Replaced the passenger window motor, all others work well. Fixed all of the vacuum leaks, and replaced the leaking heater core. I have also recovered the headliner, cleaned and dyed the carpets, installed new front seat covers, and a new armrest pad for the driver side door is on its way.

There is a small oil leak, and the coolant temperature gauge does not appear to be working properly, both of which I have not got around to looking at.

This truck has potential for so many different things, and if I had a house with a large garage I would keep. Drive it like it is, make it an off road truck, or an easy show truck restoration!

Asking $2000 FRIM

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 1989 For Bronco 4x4 - $2700

Sale is pending on the cougar, now lets get this Bronco to a good new home too.

The new arm rest came in today and is installed. This Bronco is good to go!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 - $2700

Ok, upon further inspection I'm going to reclassify the oil leak from a small oil leak, to a leak. So, on that note. Price drop $2500.

$200 should cover the cost of any gaskets needed to fix this, or would probably also cover a lower mileage used engine. Of course that won't cover labor, but these engines are a dime a dozen and easy to work on. I would do it myself, but I don't have the time or space.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 - $2000 Big Price Drop

I want this gone $2000 Firm

·
Registered
151 Posts

I'd trade you my 99 Cougar for it but i've been reading and it seems like you're trying to stay away from project cars.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Dude, your first post on here is to trade your cougar. :rofl:

Thanks for the offer, but I owned enough 99 cougars for a lifetime.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

SOLD - Lock it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.