New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen some 19s around here and if i remember they were konigs. i cant find a place online that sells them in our bolt pattern. do they make them in the 4 x 104? if so can some show me the link?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i meant 108, thanks eric. the site i keep finding for them is in german? www.konig.com

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Rikenbomb, yes I know, thats why I said send them an email.

Which wheel are you looking at getting.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Yeah in most cases you should order the wheel direct so it comes drilled in the cougar bolt pattern instead of a redrill done by a distributor.

I ordered both sets of my axis wheels direct and they drilled them from blanks.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I ordered both sets of my axis wheels direct and they drilled them from blanks.
Too bad Axis's new guy that does their drilling sucks at it. The first set of wheels they sent me were misdrilled 4x100. Sent those back. Got a new set, and the chrome peeled back, so those went back as well. Third set was dual-drilled 4x100 and 4x108, except the 4x100 went thru the centerwell of the wheel. (These became my winter wheels.) So, they finally gave in and sent me my new 20"s (instead of 19"s) and left them blanks for US to drill.

I will never let Axis drill another set of wheels for a customer, let alone for my ride.

E1

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I was lucky and never had any problems with them. It does suck when you run into issues like that with any company. Did you get 20's all the way around? I have been considering doing 19's in front and 20's in back for a long time now. 20's up front will really need a big flare and high offset wouldn't it?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
We actually got them to fit all the way around by using Toyo's newest low pro tire. I was going to do the 19"s in the front and 20"s in the rear (like we did on the RX7), but with a FWD car it just seemed strange to me. ;)

Axis did, however, make things right with me. But considering the amount of business I do for them each year it was in their best interest, lol...

E1

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
what tire size did you go with on the 20's up front? If it fits I need to roll on dubs :) The 20" axis se7en mod has a huge lip! Could do a 20x9 up front and 20x10 in back 3 and 4" lip mmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Sorry guys, no pics of the 20"s on the car, yet. They were only test fitted, and that was it, because of the snow on the ground here...

Craig,

I just looked at the tire, and I was mistaken. These are Nitto NT555 225/35/20's and they are exactly 1" bigger than my 19"s. (You can see in my pics w/ my 19's that I had plenty of room to fit them in the front.)

E1

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: Crispy
Konig Absolutes are available in a 19 inch rim for our pattern I believe...
i cant wait!!! i hope i have money

·
Registered
558 Posts
those are nice man..wish they werent just available in 20's

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Konig Theory's also available as 19's in our bolt pattern...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts