New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I will disclose the real reason why if you want to know but not on the boards. Anyhow I need to know HOW I can make this work. I refuse to get 17's. I refuse to get any other rims but these so I need to know what I need to do to get these on. Please Serious responses only!

G

·
There shouldn't be any problem. Just make sure the holes are the right size, and you've got pretty close to the correct offset (doubt you can find 18x8 in our exact offset). The only problem would be with aggressive lowering of your car and the potential rubbing you'd get when making turns

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I think Craig has 18x8's (or does he have 19's on yet?)...

G

·
I don't have my car lowered yet. But Ben Moses, the guy I bought 'em off had the Eibach pro kit, and he said there was no rubbing. I don't think you'd have a problem up to 18x8. 18x9 I don't think will work unless your offset is like an inch over stock.
There's nothing special about my setup, except the rims are custom drilled.

G

·
Probably just as wealthy and driving a kick ass, fast car that the mere mention of makes some members blood boil. Not naming names *cough*greg*cough*

Let me guess what posts will follow this one... "S4 is SUX0r!!", "Ben Moses is an a**hole" and "I'm going to get all flustered at the mere mention of his name, even though nothing he does will have any bearing on my life"

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
continuing with the topic... chroma because you have the ground controls you should have less of a worry about rubbing as the spring seats for the ground controls are much smaller than the stock spring seats.

G

·
The rubbing I was referring to was that of the wheel against the wheel well whenever you make a turn. The wider wheels have more of a chance of doing so, although the fact the offset will be most likely greater than stock (unless you're talking deep dish rims) should help avoid that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.