New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I'm pretty new at the whole rim and tire deal, so i've got a quick question. I seen that most people
have 17 or 18 X7.5 rims. But will 17X7 or 17X8 work as long as its got the tight bolt pattern?

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
17x7 and 17x7.5 are OK, I'm not sure about an 8" wheel though.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
8" should work...but is possible at full turn to rub. However this is so rare that it should be a non-issue....but don;t quote me hehehe

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
its the offset that needs to be correct...
My Konigs are 17x7 and they fit no problem, no rubbing 215/45/17
with a roush drop..
actually my 225-50-16s on stock rubbed with no drop.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the best recomended offset? And also one more thing. are 4x100 bolt patterns compatible with our 4x108.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
4x100 and 4x108 are two different sizes 4 refers to the number of lugs, and 108 refers to the distance apart they are across the center

I forget the correct offset. +42 I believe is what my Konigs are.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Originally Posted by:TuningManiac
The wheels on our cougar are 17x9.5
Are they 9.5 wide on both front and back? or just the back?

Mine are 18x8.0 both front and back, and to tell you the truth mine rub on the inside of the tire wall. I've lost 3 tires so far, one just the other day. They have all been on the front, and have all been because of inside tire wear. The tire will rub against the strut wall, not the boot. When I get a chance I'll post pics of my most recent tire loss, and maybe even where it has been rubbing on the strut so you understand. When I save up some money or at tax return time I will probably get new rims and I will be selling my rims more than likely.

Z (jason)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by: zybo2004
Originally Posted by:TuningManiac
The wheels on our cougar are 17x9.5
Are they 9.5 wide on both front and back? or just the back?

Mine are 18x8.0 both front and back, and to tell you the truth mine rub on the inside of the tire wall. I've lost 3 tires so far, one just the other day. They have all been on the front, and have all been because of inside tire wear. The tire will rub against the strut wall, not the boot. When I get a chance I'll post pics of my most recent tire loss, and maybe even where it has been rubbing on the strut so you understand. When I save up some money or at tax return time I will probably get new rims and I will be selling my rims more than likely.

Z (jason)
yep, 9.5 in the front and back.
They only rub in the back when there's a hole in the road, or if we go over speedbumps to fast.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Our Stock rims are not 9.5 inches wide..
They are 7.5-8 I just measured them (this is for the 16's)

Offset with my Konigs is +45 just checked the paperwork

1 - 12 of 12 Posts