New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... lately i have been looking at focal f5 rims. I was also informed they only come in our bolt pattern in 17's and 19's. Im afraid that 19's would be too big, but are 17's too small considering stock is 16?? Just lookin for opinions!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is your car lowerd? If not then they may look a little small. If you were to go with the 19"ers then find some good low profile tires wich should prevent any problems. If your car is lowerd then the 17" should look good, 19" will likely be to large.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
235-35-19's fit fine and look really good. Personally I think you shoul d expand your wheel search b/c that wheel has been out for years now.

I'd do at least an 18" wheel on a cougar if i were buying rims.

here are my 19's

N

·
0 Posts
Wheels??where are the wheels? I dont know but what a lovely couple they make!!!;):smoke-g::smoke-t::

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
bf goodrich: take control

...ill take control of somethin :naughty:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to get a "newer style" but one its really hard to find rims to fit the cat period, and two with a black car i thought chrome would look good so its even harder to find them.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I don't think 19's are too large and I like polished wheels on a black car. Here's a couple of pics of mine.

<---Centerline Vantage FORGED wheels (ONLY 15 lbs each!)

<---19"x7.5"...fits great...especailly w/ Roush Racing springs!

<---225/35/19 Yokohama Parada Spec 2's...NO RUBBING!

BTW...You don't have to "settle" for what's available in our bolt pattern...You can have any wheel you like custom drilled to our 4x108 pattern as long as the offset is correct (just talk to whomever you purchase the wheels from about the proper offset for the Cougar). Just make sure you install some lowering springs (if you haven't already) or either wheel/tire combo (17's or 19's) will look silly with the enormous wheel well gap...If you go with 17's, buy 225/45/17 tires, and for 19" wheels I recommend 225/35/19 tires.

~CIII

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have 17 in focal f5s. they look great on the car see link in sig line

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
im also looking into 17's...i have GC's so ill be droped...but how is a 205/40/17 tire size..its what comes with the rims so i was wondering is it going to be a thick tire or a nice low profile?

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
It will be pretty low profile (the sidewalls will be about an inch shorter than stock 215/50/16s) and the outside diameter of the tire will be about 1" smaller than stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts