New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm wrapping up my build, I'm looking to get a set of 17" Zn Edition wheels to replace the 15"'s that someone put on at some point in my Cougar's life, I'm willing to buy scuffed ones as I'm pretty good at restoring them.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,673 Posts
Note: the 2002 35th-Anniversary Edition wheels use the same casting as the Zn, without the black powdercoat accents.

Reactions: rallyusa

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Pretty sure all the special trim levels for 01/02 used the same wheels. A couple had different colors on the centercaps.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,673 Posts
It's true; the factory 17s are unusually heavy when you compare them to other aftermarket options - but some people like to keep the OEM look - and they do look nice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was unaware of the weight difference, that's a pretty big deal when it comes to handling performance, honestly I would love to get a set of 17" OZs if I can find them affordably. I have a set of 18" wheels + BFG tires from a 2018 F150 Raptor that I'm going to sell, I'm hoping I can get enough from those to get a new set of wheels and decent summer tires...

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,673 Posts
As I mentioned in my autocross build thread - I ended up with a set of Rota Titan wheels at 17.2 pounds per corner in 17x8. You might want a 17x7 since you'll be running more sidewall height than me, and the 8's leave pretty much no breathing room on the inside - or maybe even a 16. Rota has a lot of really good, affordable lightweight 16" and 17" options in our bolt pattern. I went through Amazon because I can get free Prime shipping; it was fulfilled by a vendor called Alphas Wheels.

Reactions: rallyusa

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine are 17x7 with 225 45r17 Michelin Pilots. I had to order them from OZ as they don't keep the WRC Superturismos in the hub/offset/bolt pattern I wanted, but they are a more precise fit than the factory rims and look great. I want to say they were ~$280 a piece though which may not be considered cheap, and they took 8 weeks to show up from Italy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts