New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...

Since I just went through this exercise, figured I'd post up the results for you guys. Basically, I priced out a few different tire choices from a few different places, and tried to account for all fees to get a real estimate of what the total tire price would be.

In the above table, the tires are:

Nitto NeoGen's: Had these last time. Lasted a LONG time of HARD driving. BEAUTIFUL tire. Amazing feel. Very confidence-inspiring.
Toyo T1-R's: Well known, reputation for one of the best max performance, never tried yet.
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's: Awesome wet tread, highest-rated on TireRack.com.

The sources I was looking at are:
TT: TireTrends.com -- Canadian based (BC I think). No PST, and you can buy in CDN$.
DTD: DiscountTireDirect -- US Based, where I bought my last tires and rims. Great prices, and I've had great experiences with these guys.
TR: TireRack -- US based, I have not previously bought from these guys.

Note: All costs are populated from the website, and are for 4 tires. Shipping also populated (or very nearly estimated) from the website. UPS brokerage fee also estimated. Availability was determined directly from the website, or from phone conversations. (Obviously, this info is no longer relevant).

In the end, I went with line 5... Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's in a slightly smaller size than I ran before. Slightly shorter, slightly narrower. My 17" Konig wheels are 7" wide, so I wanted to ensure as neat and tidy a fit as possible to ensure crisp handling. Less sidewall, and less bulge = crisper handling.

Massiv.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Hey Mark, I do have a set of 17" rims from my car that I replaced this year with my new chrome rims that you can have very cheap as one of them has a slight warp. A rim repair shop should be able to straighten it out but since I found a great deal on chromes, I never bothered. Nonetheless, they are yours if you want them at $200CDN for all four rims! That's $50 / rim when I payed $170 US each!!! I'm letting them go that cheap because one is slightly warped, the other 3 are fine so you could even just replace the one with a new one and still have a cheaper priced set of rims... up for grabs.

They are the same ones that Eternal1 ( John ) has on his car too. Here's some photos;

John's rims... ( 19" versions )

My rims... ( 17" versions )

·
Premium Member
22,503 Posts
Originally posted by: Excelcier
Looks like we have a winner!!!!!!
Kinda late now anyways!

Just wanted to show off my PS Skills! :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.