New Cougar Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just playing around at motortrend.com and decided to look at the Cougar. It lists the 2001 as a 165hp V6. I know that the compression was lowered but I thought that the power was the same.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is all true, why the hell would they go backwards when all the other companies are going forward??

The 2002 Eclipse is going to offer a supercharged version. The Tiburon is getting a 205-210hp v6...the Tiburon for heveans sake.

G

·
The 2001 should have the 170hp V6. At least, that's what mine came with. I want to mod' it up to about 200hp, though...then I'll be happy.

Hell, look at those little Subaru WRX's -- 227hp!! Look out for those little turbo bastards!

G

·
ya, look back to car and driver sept 98 when they first tested the new cougar, they said it was a 50/50 weight distribution!! amazing for a FWD car huh???

·
Registered
x_posts
I just read the 2001 mazda mpv was "detuned" to 160hp. (it runs a duratec identical to ours) They claim they did it for fuel efficency. Our duratec is below the fleet fuel numbers or whatever they call them if im not mistaken. They just BARELY made it last year... they had to hack some numbers to make it work out actually.... so this year Im betting they MAY have done this... heres a question... swing by the lot and check a non sport blah blah v6 cougar... see if its gas milage statement is higher... or if the hp number is on the sticker... hrm..

x_y_of_z_posts