New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Buyer Beware
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing new 14.7lb racing seats! I am using part of the silder rails to hold the seat down as the Brackets which came with the seats are too short. I Havnt installed the driver seat yet because I am waiting on my 4pt harnesses, and I still have to do some work to do on the brackets.

But what do you think so far?

I should be at 2650lbs with both these racing seats installed. Woot!

The seat is fiberglass, and the back is All Black! ooh so shiny!

· Buyer Beware
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These seats ran me about $400. I liked black the most.. the other colors are blah.

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Looks good, but I hope you dont plan on driving too far cuz I just cant imagine a constant back angle being comfortable. BUT the looks are amazing! Isnt it funny how freaking heavy our stockies are. I mean seriouslly, when RacerX and I did mine it was unreal the amount that they weighed.

Looks good!!

· Buyer Beware
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I originally thought the angle would suck...But when I installed them, the brackets had like 3 height settings, which allowed me to lean the whole seat back a bit. So it ended up being perfect! They are really comfortable too. If you notice the black seat is at the same angle as my stock seat! :biggrin:

yeah Jez! The stock seats are heavy! I will try and find a bathroom scale or something and weigh them. These fiberglass seats are so light I wave them around with one arm.

· w00t!
25,017 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan

yeah Jez! The stock seats are heavy! I will try and find a bathroom scale or something and weigh them. These fiberglass seats are so light I wave them around with one arm.
42lbs i do believe the driverside power seat weighs :) heh, 3 TIMES more than the seats you just bought.
mine weigh in at 22lbs, which isn't bad, but still! i thought MINE were light... 14lbs must be like a feather!

I REALLY like what you are doing with the interior... mostly cause its the same thing that i'm doing. heh. :tongue: but still - with the whole side panels silver and the inserts black, and then the pillars black.... trust me though! - its not complete until you change the headliner to black too!

i can't wait to see this beast next year... not to sound like a leg humper or anything, but its turning out to be one of my favourite cougars... just cause everything is being done so 'cleanly' :)

· Registered
10,839 Posts
mine were about 15-20 pounds a piece as well... definately paint the backs of those to match the car (it will go well with your door panels that I see a sneak of) -- what would be REALLY cool would be to get some kick ass flames or graphics cut in a paint mask vinyl and then attach em to the seat backs - have the shop paint em body color - peel off the masking and then apply clear...

the only way those seats could have been hotter was if the back was pure CF!

· Buyer Beware
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cripsy. heheeh you got me thinking with those flames. I might just do that. I like them now with the shiny shiny Black. So silver would contrast that so nicely. I want to stay as clean as possible... so I am only toying with the idea.

I will nab some daytime pics of my painted interior and post them tomorrow. I think I have some already but I dont know. Bethany may have taken some. Hehe the Headliner will be done in black soon too. I cant wait!

· Registered
6,001 Posts
looks great only problem what is that orange embroidery on the headrest... my lord somethign has to be able to de done abotu that... unless it is just a wierd reflection with the camera flash...

· Registered
1,040 Posts
The seats were Purchased before the 300$ bill came up ;)

The Yellow embroidery can easily be taken off, all the cusions on the seats are velcro, so they come right off, for re-upolstering or anything else you want. The removable headrest comes in handy, because sometimes it get's irritating rubbing against your head.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.