New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the stock 15X6 alloys. I want the black painted steel wheels like you see on cop cars, it is exactly the same as the spare tire. I for some reason want them on my car. Will the extra unsprung weight do any thing, and will this look cool?

My only problem is these wheels are expensive about 50 bucks each considering they are so generic and utilitarian. I assume these are generally what people use in winter.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I have my snow tires mounted on some of these. Do they cool? I don't really think so, but they don't look bad... as long as you keep them clean. It does make it look like you have truck tires though.

As for performance, my setup works fine for the winter, I can't speak for it beyond that. I think there is a noticeable difference in the responsiveness of the driveline when I switch back over to my summer wheels and tires. I do have fairly lightweight wheels (Kosei K-1 Racing) for the summer though... and I'm more likely to drive hard when the weather is nice. Anyway, if you're set on doing this, I'm thinking as long as you put reasonably good tires on the car, you won't be too disappointed with the performance.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
what color car do you have? i think it MIGHT look ok on a spruce geen, DSG, silver, or possibly black. but if you do it was any colors, like any of the reds, zinc yellow, etc., then i think it will look like ass. but if you want it to look like you blew all 4 tires and are running on 4 spares, then go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts