New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's progress:

Mr. Thompson at work. Wait 'till you see these welds!

Lead pipe to connect to the cat "module"- Trubendz hanger transplanted:

Half-way through the bead:

Cat flange, still glowing hot:

Final post-cat weld. Gorgeous!

Final cat flange weld. Beautiful!

Finally fixed my digicam... Shown here are the parts with three coats of 1200* silver rust stopper paint:

Install tomorrow- Going to let the paint cure overnight in the garage...

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not at all. I am about as bitter as they come right now. First, Josh was out for the week before Thanksgiving when all this started, and when he got back, shipped my new S bend so I can complete the system. BUT... Because of the holiday, the damn thing won't be here until tomorrow. Then I have to take it to Mr. Thompson, have him cut to fit and weld the reducer on it before I can re-assemble the whole system.

HOWEVER...

I started the car with the cat, piping, and muffler clamped and in place, and it sounds like half a cubic yard of cow manure. Undrivable. I can't hear myself think. I drove it around the block to get it warmed up (haven't driven it in two weeks since all this has been going on), and I think my ears are still ringing. Not to mention the property value of my house taking a sh!t because of the complete *******/rice factor...

Looking at Josh's SVT Contour systems- They have resonators... Thinkin' I'm going to need a pair just to keep the 11.08:1 compression under control. This is my daily driver, and I don't need to go deaf right now.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
These are your friend

I used these and they made the car tolerable. BTW I have a 22"L 4" D magnaflow and these two resonators, still a little boomy but livable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts