New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in no way affiliated with this merchant, but figured if there was anybody out there that needed four new tires or wanted a set of rims that Discount Tire Direct has, they could benefit from this deal. If you order online, you get $100 off the price of the order. Not too shabby, if you ask me. I've ordered from them and had a good experience.

Home - Discount Tire Direct

·
8,582 Posts
I might have to pick up my next tires for the Impala this way - it'd be a lot like getting one free tire. A quick check last night showed they have the ones I want, but I didn't verify the size.

Expires Saturday, people!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi all.:wave: Just a word of advice for anyone actually thinking of ordering tires. Also check out The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels.

At least for the tires on my MKZ, Tire Rack is $58 less per tire. That comes to a savings of $236 for four. That still leaves a $136 savings at TheTire Rack even after the Discount Tire $100 "Instant Savings". And the "Instant Savings" is only good for a four tire purchase at Discount Tire.

For the Cougar, it was a different story. Tire Rack is $11 cheaper, so for four tires they would be $44 less (regular price). The $100 "Instant Savings" would then save me $56 at Discount Tire. That would be worth it (if you are buying four).

I have no affiliation to either Retailer, just want us all to get the best prices available. So check out both.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
so what tires would you recommend for me. I have a 2000 cougar mtx that is my daily driver commuter so i want some tires that will last but not cost a lot. I dont need sticky tires or all season tires since i have a truck and jeep i drive when the weather is bad.

I was looking at the kumho ecksta ASX tires. They would be around $200 for all 4 w/ the discount. Is there a better tires on there that will last a lot of miles that isnt too much more money than that? i'm looking at the 205/55/16 as thats whats on it right now.

Thanks, Sean

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Those Kumhos are going to be your best bet.

I am picking up a set for my beater. Walmart will mount and balance for 11.00 per tire. Thats the cheapest place I found near me.

2001 KIA SPECTRA GS/GSX/K

(4) Falken Ziex ZE-912

185/65R-14 86H BLK
$53.00 $212.00

(4) Certificates for Free Replacement
for Falken Ziex ZE-912
$8.00 $32.00

(4) Valve Stems
$3.00 $12.00

$100 Online Order Savings -$100.00

FREE UPS Ground Shipping (Other Shipping Options) $0.00

Total "Out the Door" Price $156.00

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I removed the valve stems before the order. Walmart has them for 1.75. :rofl:

I also just ordered another set for the contour.

Quantity Item Price Extended

(4) Falken
205/60R-15 91H BLK
Ziex ZE-912
1998 FORD CONTOUR SE/SPORT
$57.00 $228.00
$100 Online Order Savings -$100.00
FREE UPS Ground Shipping $0.00

TOTAL $128.00

You just can't beat those prices. These are a 65K mile tire and most of the places I've called around are wanting close to 300.00 for a comparable set installed.

Keep in mind both of these cars are daily drivers and both of these cars needed tires anyway and I have been looking around for tires for a week or two now.

This thread came at a perfect time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
This is the last day btw.

I'll get some pics when they come in.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What a Rip!

I went into my local Discount tire today to order some 18's. This price is only good valid if you pay 44 dollars to have them install the tires/rims on your car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Or you could have ordered them online like the print said and have them shipped right to ya for free and without paying them for valves and 40$ lugs... but maybe you needed them today or something...
Nah i just wanted to see them in person.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I'm still waiting on the tires. They haven't even shipped out yet. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts