New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday & Sunday
November 10th & 11th
Both days start at 12 noon with test & tune.
Both days will feature eliminations with MORE events to race, MORE trophies to win!
* Our plans may change, but the plan right now is for everybody to be able to run not one, but TWO events for trophies EACH DAY! The first event would be what we ran before... Indexes running heads-up, with the fast cars running against the fast cars, the slower cars running against slower cars. While not perfect, the racing all of a sudden got real close in most races, so we feel it worked well. The second event will be all the cars, fast and slow, running against each other in a simplified bracket handicap system. For instance, if a 2.50 car and a 3.50 car come to the line together, the tree would give the slower car a one second head-start. This we feel could make for some real interesting racing! We plan to run these two events each day, so there are FOUR chances to win trophies for everybody, not just one.
THIRD EVENT! THIRD EVENT! THIRD EVENT!
* On Sunday, we may run a third event for MUSTANGS! We're working on the format right now, but basically it's the same street legal format we have for the rest of the cars. We are in the process of contacting Mustang clubs and Ford dealers, but we think this will be a winner. Keep your eyes posted on this blog for more updates.
* Now for the little sour notes. While the show was great, and everybody had a great time, it was not without it's problems. First, this was our first real test for the timing system, and we had some computer glitches which were driving us nuts. We are in the process of resolving them, but right now our troubleshooting is pointing in the direction of the manufacturer screwing up the wiring in the tree and the wiring harness. The bottom line is it appears to be shoddy workmanship. We will do our best to resolve them, but I can tell you right now, a new system from a different manufacturer is in the cards for next year.
* Closing the grandstands. We got caught with an ugly surprise the morning of our first day... if we opened the grandstands, the police were going to add a ridiculous number of officers to the payroll, and we had no say in the matter. We learned this Friday morning, and couldn't come up with a practical alternate solution. All we knew is that we were going to have to pay a four digit sum for no good reason. We apologize to all those expecting to pay $10, and got caught up paying double. We are working to solve this problem, but right now we may be forced to do the same thing until next year. Keep looking on this post. We'll do what we can.
* Back to good news. We have been invited to tape a 1/2 hour show next week in Westchester County, NY called "Cars & Us". It is a cable show aired in Westchester County, and Southwestern CT. Good news travels far and fast! They are very enthused about our concept, and heard great things. from the racers.
* To end this, again thank you to everybody for your help! Special thanks goes to too many people to list for now, but our core group deserves so much credit for getting this event off the ground:
Randy Murray, Jeff Shaw, Bob Shaw, & Ronnie Shea. they have been with me from Day 1. Special thanks goes to our CT contigent: Lee & Rene Smith, Les & Vicki Smith, Bud Ehrmann.
Thank you... this couldn't have done this without you!
* More to be posted later... Calls and e-mails always welcome!
p.s. We are looking for some extra help on race days... we were a little thin. Help is needed in lining up cars, timing slips (yes, that's being worked on too for improvements), and we need an announcer. Please let us know.

from 100 Foot Drag Racing News

It was an awesome time a few weekends ago, would be cool to get some guys togeather, let me know if you can make the trip down

c-ya

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeap, they had 2 quads last time, one stock, and the other with a snow-mobile engine, **** was fast.

They allow just about anything

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, the guy who owns the operation called me yesterday wondering if i was coming, he was asking if i could get more people to come and what not. they have about 60 people confirmed and looking for more. so......anyone in?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ended up pretty cool, 50-60 cars showed up, not one other cougar :(

best time of the day for me was a 3.1 second run, best run all around was 2.4 seconds in an old duster that was hoooked up.

they're gonna try to start it monthly next year, would be cool if we could get everyone together for at least one of 'em.

c-ya!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wasn't shifting at all, it's jsut launching for our cars, cause 1rst will take ya right up to 45, I was trapping at 39-40 all day, and the fastest cars weren't above 46-47.

Just learn not to get wheel-hop or spin to bad and you're golden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts