New Cougar Forum banner

1/8 RC Body

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  V6Singh 
#1 ·
I know I haven't been on here much since I had to get rid of the Cougar but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking for a Cougar body that will fit over a 1/8 Nitro RC. Its a buggy but is convertable to drifting/road racing and I would love to get a Cougar body. Can anyone help me find one or if you guys know someone that would make me one? I can't really afford to spend a lot of money since this is a preference and I have countless other shells I could use. Let me know, thanks!

#3 ·
would it be possible to make one? im not great at it but i could give it a shot. im not sure what i would need or how hard it would be, could anyone with some experience chime in? again id like to keep costs low but make it as accurate as i could. if successful i would sell them off to NECO members for an amazing steal. and of course would give credit and split profit to any and all that would help. i know quite a few friends of mine that would love top have a Cougar shell and i bet they would sell faily well online and at car shows or upcoming CougarFests

#4 ·
Unfortunately 1/8 TC bodies don't run cheap. Even worse they are getting harder to find. You definitely would have to have it custom done. But "cheap" will not be in the equation IF you can even find someone to do it.

#7 ·
well if i could find a good way to make 1/8 rc bodies i wouldnt mind making them for nitro, electric, or brushless RC's. my problem is i have no experience with it and none of the materials or tools. im not looking to start a business but make a few spare for myself and some for other people interested. im just sick of looking at the same bodies ive had and now i cant seem to find any that interest me. if someone could help me and point me in the right direction of this it would be great, plus it would look amazing on my new DriftSpec brushless

#9 ·
#12 ·
I have one last unopened one too :) I was going to paint the exterior since it would just be for display, but then I thought: if it's for display, I could use something more rigid than the thin polycarb HPI used. Hell, give me a sheet of carbon fiber and I could probably use THAT! :rofl:

#13 ·
I've spent 7 years trying to buy a Cougar shell here in the UK and there hasn't been a single or for sale anywhere in that time. Even tried importing one for all corners of the world that had them listed as clearance or otherwise but to no avail. If anyone wants to sell one, please pm me ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.