New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had someone hit me in the rear bumper last week. They hit the slats in the bottom so it cracked just a bit. It looks like the insurance money will cover the cost of this kit and the paint. However it will fall short of the labor cost.
Because I am saving money for an engagment ring I would rather not put any of my own money into this. My point is, how hard is it to install this kit. Once it's painted could I do the install myself? Is WW pretty good at being a good fit right out of the box or will it need a little touch up? Is it worth saving the $100 or so to do it myself or should I just let the shop handle it.

As for the crack I was just going to drill a very tiny hole at the ends of the crack to stop it from spreading. Then I will paint the slats black as which seems to be the common thing to do regarding this kit.

I'm looking to get this kit on order today so if anyone has any insight I sure would appreciate it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey,
I have this kit on my car right now and it is extremely easy to install. Maybe an hour tops, all you have to do is get 10 screws. 4 for each side skirt, and two for the front. With some 3M adhesive tape (MAKE SURE It's the very strong kind), put the tape on a clean surface. Make sure the sides fit correctly,and put the sides on. You can either drill or use self tapping screws for the sideskirts, two on the front and two on the back. The rear and front are the easiest and took less then ten minutes. I used two self tapping screws, one on each side of the front, and none on the rear. Having the kit more then a year, I've had no problems. The kit is very good material and won't chip easily. I'd recommend most definitaly. The grille also compliments the kit well..PM if u have any other questions.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
30 - 60 minutes and the kit is installed.. it's a very easy bolt on kit.. I used to take mine off for winter and put it on in summer all the time.. Jimmy and I are pros - hell we did it a few times even drunk - you can't mess it up.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: Crispy
30 - 60 minutes and the kit is installed.. it's a very easy bolt on kit.. I used to take mine off for winter and put it on in summer all the time.. Jimmy and I are pros - hell we did it a few times even drunk - you can't mess it up.. :thumbsup:
your gonna come help me install it then right??? I'll get ya drunk AFTER they are on :wiggle:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
oh boy... what did I get myself into? how soon will you have this kit all ready to go? I'll be at that show or in Nebraska for like Thurs-Monday

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm in MN skiing that entire weekend so that's not a go. You wouldn't come over just for me?? :( Maybe we could do a mod meet in Des Moines for the Midwest group??

It's ok either way. I'm sure Jen will help me out. :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
otherwise there is that big party at my house at the end of March.. if you want to come out with the pieces then I will gladly help ya install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts