New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any1 has pictures of what they did to hang dual exhaust (well dual tip) to a 01-02 cougar ???

im should be getting my cat-back soon and wanted to see what people are doing

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
I belive you need another hanger welded on. Then its pretty straight forward from there.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Theres actually a hanger location on both sides and most dual exhaust kits come with the required hangars. My trubendz kit didnt require any modification to install the exhaust and as far as i know, no one has had to make mods to any trubendz kit.

·
5,318 Posts
I don't think the 01-02 ones had that extra exhaust hanger there. You may need to have one welded on.
Bingo. The second (passenger side) hanger was removed on the 01-02 models, you just need to have the shop weld one in that spot. Should be easy for them.

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
would welding stuff onto the car void my warranty ???

also doesnt your exhaust need to flex ???
NOt sure on the warranty. But I beleive the flexpipe is what handles the flexing portion. Plus your pipes will hang from rubber hangers.

·
5,318 Posts
also doesnt your exhaust need to flex ???
Yeah, that's why the exhaust is attached to the hanger with a flexible rubber connector.

Maybe try searching on cougardb.com for installed pics.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I didn't have to modify anything on my Borla. I'm not sure how the Trubendz mounts though. I'll have to take a picture when I get home in a couple days if I remember. There were just two holes on each side of the car spaced perfect. Stuck each resonator mount in the hole, and bolted them down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts