New Cougar Forum banner

WTB: Oxygen Sensor

832 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  seedogg 
#1 ·
Is it better to buy a new one or used one.

The new ones coast like $60 bucks (or more)!:eek:

My gas milage SUCKS!! - I just freaking baught 10 gallons and now down to like less than 1/4 tank left (based on guage) in ONE WEEKEND!

#10 ·
i payed 90+$ for mine!, i even went to autonzone and they said thats the goin price for the coug. so the shop i had em done at, to replace all 4......ready?............................charged me 650$ to replace all 4 o2 sensors

#12 · (Edited)
Anyone know where to get these cheap. If not I am going to be posting some prices hear to help you out.

Prices are for all pre 1/3/99

Autozone (bosch only)
Precat
67.99 (OE)
Post cat
61.99 (Universal)
69.99(OE)

Advancedautoparts.com (bosch only)
Downstream 62.88-63.89
Upstream 62.88-64.98

Auto Parts Giant - Discount Auto Part Online

Downsteam 53.53-56.54
Upstream 54.30 - 64.35
Also has other manufactors...

NAPA (Bosch only) More expensive

#16 · (Edited)
I have good news. Went to autozone and they charged me $67. Went home to change it and found out it was the wrong one. Mine had a circular plug, while the one they gave me had a u-shapped plug. Sprayed some pentrating oil on the front one, and removed. Took about two minutes. Took both of them back to autozone and they brought out the post 1/3/99 (figuring I bought my car in Dec. of 98, I don't know how this happened) and seemed to be the correct one. I have the part numbers at home. They actually had two different ones w/ the same connection, the only difference was the wire length. So I got the longer one, just incase it was my back one that was bad and it was only $49.99. Luckily for me it seems to be running fine today.

However, I did look at the back one and it seems to be accessable from underneath. I took some pics and maybe considering writing a How-to if I get the time. I am not sure if there computer is wrong or not, but I would recommend getting under you car and seeing what type of connector you have first u vs 0.

#18 ·
The uppers have the U-shaped plug. The lowers (downers?) have the O-shaped plug. The lowers come in at least two varieties: green and blue. Early cars use blue. The sensors look alike but the alignment dowels are in different positions.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.