Hello and a big question?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hello and a big question?

NECO Member

Hello and a big question?

I am new here, im a 32 year old mechatronics guy that s in love with the cougars. I have experience in electronics, wiring, mechanical engineering, microprocessor programming and computer sciences, Experience in wireing and soldering techniques all the way from wire wrapping to SMC (Surface mount component) soldering. I have most of the tools to do any of these jobs and take a very renowned interest in how individual parts work, to the point of reverse engineering them.

I am not a part swapper, however engine systems is something I have become very fascinated with in the years and always look to better my knowledge on things. I have never had a lot of money, however when I get it, I like to tinker and learn. So i may have a lot of stupid questions, but be rest assured if i ask them, im not trying to be condescending.

I can get a bit annoying at times but im sure my information or helpfulness could pay off. who knows?

With that said, I have the ford workshop 2001-2002 workshop manuels, the big blue books made for ford by ford. I was/am going to disassemble them and post them if thats ok?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

Re: Hello and a big question?

Geez where were you a couple weeks ago before I bought them? Seriously though, I'm sure someone who doesn't have them can use the info. It would be cool if you can figure out some sort of organization for it as well.

Now all you need is the 01 and 02 wiring diagram books and the powertrain/emissions books

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    1999 frosty 3L MTX, A.K.A. "Jane", 1999 Ebony 3L MTX, A.K.A. "Luci"
    1999 E150 Econoline coachmen conversion A.K.A. "Pappy"
    1999 Honda Civic EX 1.6L Of Honda non turbo somethingness A.K.A. "Fairy Blue"

NECO Member

Quote Originally Posted by rooster210 View Post
    Geez where were you a couple weeks ago before I bought them? Seriously though, I'm sure someone who doesn't have them can use the info. It would be cool if you can figure out some sort of organization for it as well.

Now all you need is the 01 and 02 wiring diagram books and the powertrain/emissions books

these are the 3 volume ford books, they include emissions and power train. both cd4e and mtx-75. with complete tear down, parts list, troubleshooting and both engines as well i might add.

If theirs interest, I will take the time to take them apart and scan them. I can use adobe acrobat to organize them and hyperlink the chapters individually as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

Sounds like you're all set then

NECO Member

im scanning the first volume in now....this going to take a while...700 pages.
    LostOffspring99 likes this.

NECO Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadeemry View Post
    im scanning the first volume in now....this going to take a while...700 pages.
    chapter 1, 107 pages...done... 19 chapters to go.

I am being meticulous and scanning in with OCR (makes it text searchable) and high resolution, and using a razor to remove each page.
    Joeyisamadman likes this.

Oh my God, If you get me a PDF of those i'll name my first child after you. a scanned version of them would be amazing. Very interested!
    NECO's Leading Québécois or your money back.
    '00 2.5 ATX: ''Ella'' http://bit.ly/1VfpWlX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyisamadman View Post
    this rivalry is getting to the point where one day, to end it, my hooptie's going to get walked by a 3L Cougar with carbon fiber add-ons.

NECO Member

on page 254, doesnt even look like i put a dent in it...

I know just the volume 1 and 2 for a 2000 is about a half a foot thick or more. I'm guessing pg 1000 is gonna be where you notice a dent made.

NECO Member

page 507, section 3, powertrain.. I'm taking a break for the moment..lol, been on this since 2 pm
    This is what I have so far. I'm going to realign the cover part, but all the ocr works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2dycm603c...Books.pdf?dl=0
    Last edited by shadeemry; 2017-01-16 at 08:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast