My tricked out Cougar!
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: My tricked out Cougar!

Administrator Lifetime Platinum MemberAdministrator wadespencer99's Avatar

Re: My tricked out Cougar!

Quote Originally Posted by Desolator144 View Post
    I can see how you'd jump to the conclusion that these sound terrible. Well they don't. I'm EXTREMELY picky cuz I know sound and I don't like it sounding bad.
    Um...it sounds terrible. You have no speakers in the front and all this blasting from behind your head.

I think overall my system's at least "okay." What could you possibly recommend I do different other than switch the audio over to some standard car system and hide the wires a tiny bit better?
    It doesn't even look "okay". I'm not trying to bash you, but you posted looking for opinions. Dude...it looks terrible. Like a 12 year old put it together. Honestly. I'd hate to see your Dad's DJ system, or the setup in your church if this is how you do things. Spend some money and get a decent car audio system. Buy some older gear that isn't so expensive anymore and you'll have a system that rocks and won't look like you just robbed Office Depot.

As for the neons, nothing wrong with having them, except they need to be hidden. It looks terrible with the bulbs exposed. Flashing lights aren't my thing, but if they are yours, that's fine...just do it right and hide the wires and lights themselves so all you see is the glow from them.

And c'mon people...if you don't like it, at least offer some constructive criticism.
    1999 Cougar | 2000 SVT Contour | 2004 F150 FX4 Supercab | 2013 Fiesta Titanium
    ------------------------------------------------------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wadespencer99 View Post
    And c'mon people...if you don't like it, at least offer some constructive criticism.
    I did I said I would go with the deer antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    So some guys call you a queer and you throw water on them.... yeaaa you showed them that your not a queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikenbomb View Post
    Stopped reading here. Didn't want to bother reading the wall of text.

If you're poor, why on earth are you spending money modding your car then?
    Exactly what I'm saying. Dude if u have a VCR plugged in there also then your going to make baby Jesus Dude just stop where your at. If your actually going to "Mod" your car then u have to make it worth looking at. Words of Advise...If you saw some stranger wit that crap in there car would You be impressed?
    LoneStar Mod

NECO Member

All I can think of right now is the quote from How High:

"I'm from wisconsin!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    I just had my cats front paws de-clawed... so like, she still has RWD traction...

hey noggs you strike me as one of those Madison Democrat pplz but I'll ask anyway, PM me where you live so I can have a witness stop by and confirm that the speakers sound awesome.
    Um...it sounds terrible. You have no speakers in the front and all this blasting from behind your head.
    Yes I do, just cropped it out. They're mounted on the dash. Didn't you think it odd that 5.1 speaker sets each had only 4 speakers back there? Guess where the other 2 are

Also, the neon lights are hidden (except in the back temporarily). I made sure that from sitting anywhere in the car, you can't see any part of the blue bar at all. You also can't see the exterior green ones without laying on the ground. I just took the shot of it with the camera cuz it wasn't catching the glow alone and to show where it was. Didn't you notice that the camera angle was from like a foot off the ground?

Btw if I get a stereo installed with an Aux in, I can use the door speakers at the same time. But seriously, you all own cougars, as if being 3 feet below your ears, nearer to the engine, with the insane amount of road noise you get makes them sound like anything. I can't stand them and it's not worth putting really expensive ones in that will sound better when they're in a horrible place to begin with.

NECO Member

You have computer speakers mounted on your dash???

Please post pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    I just had my cats front paws de-clawed... so like, she still has RWD traction...

Ur one..... Lifetime Platinum Member Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubby View Post
    You have computer speakers mounted on your dash???

Please post pics.

Seriously bubby.......I'm gonna have you pr0be yourself for that one
    04 Cobra #1480

hey noggs you strike me as one of those Madison Democrat pplz but I'll ask anyway, PM me where you live so I can have a witness stop by and confirm that the speakers sound awesome.
    He'll be a witness but you must promise him a secret meeting where no one will see his cougar beside yours and mistake him for someone that wants the same system..

ANd you have computer speakers on your dash>?????

this is getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    So some guys call you a queer and you throw water on them.... yeaaa you showed them that your not a queer.

y would u do that to a cougar?? or to any car. wow....just wow. thats worse than the 3 billion watt power inverter and the top mounted alt the other guy was puttin in.
    '99 v6 mtx cougar, WR headers, borla dual exhaust, CAI, rear strut bar.
    Sound: Alpine 9856 HU, fronts- Infinity 5010cs, back - Infinity 6812cf, Rockford Fosgate P4004, Alpine M300, Alpine Type-S SWS-1242D.
    2004 GSX-R600

NECO Member

The problem isn't the SOUND quality... the problem is that there are computer speakers (LOTS of Computer Speakers) filling the entire back seat! LOL

That neon in the trunk was hilarious to me beacause it was bridged across both seats, so if you were to fold down one it would break. Then again you cant fold down your seats because there is a logitec demo in the back seat!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast