New Cougar Forum banner

overhead warning light.

471 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  krazycat 
G
#1 ·
my warning light(for burned out exteriour light bulb) came on tonight from picking my car up from the dealership. HMMMMM.........At first, it would come on and off as I was driving, and every time I stepped on the brake pedal it would go away and come back. Now it just stays on, but I do not see any exterior lights which are burned out. The only exterior light that is burned out (bulb) is my fog light and it has been for the pass year and I never did receive such a signal before. Any advice???? I hope it is nothing electrical........I am so tired of bringing my car into the dealership on a regular basis.....

#2 ·
It's going to be one of your three third-brake lights. Just take off the carpetting on the back of the hatch, and pull the third brake light assembly out... have someone push on the brake to see which one it is, and replace it - almost everyone that I know that has that damn light gets it because of either a loose bulb, or a burned out one in that assembly. It's especially true if you have a system, because the vibration can reak havoc on those little bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.