New Cougar Forum banner

overhead light still on

494 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fedeuruagu 
#1 ·
My "light out" light is on. and along with my "worn brake" light. my foglights needed new bulbs, so i got em and they work now. shouldnt the light up top go off? well, there is a light out in my dash. (btw, i know i need new front brakes and rotors, so thats why its on.)

#2 ·
Check your brake lights. They are twin-filament bulbs that can look fine at first, but not light up when the pedal is applied.

Also check your sidemarkers; people always forget about those.

Man, I'm glad they ditched that stupid warning lamp for 2000... :p

#6 ·
Just fix the problem. You have a bulb out somewhere outside the car. Probably a brake light bulb. Note, there are 7 brake light bulbs so be sure to check all of them.

i dont have a "light out" light??!! :cry: and i have a 2000 special edition cougar??? whats so special about it if i dont have traction control and abs??? i think the special edition should have every option, but mine is missing those 3 options!:(
Settle down. It's a '99-only feature.

B3NN3T: I like it and I'd miss it if I didn't have it. I prefer knowing when a brake light/turn signal bulb is out. I still manually check them occasionally, but the immediate warning is nice.

#5 ·
i dont have a "light out" light??!! :cry: and i have a 2000 special edition cougar??? whats so special about it if i dont have traction control and abs??? i think the special edition should have every option, but mine is missing those 3 options!:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.