gta 4 horn sound. cop car
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gta 4 horn sound. cop car

NECO Member

gta 4 horn sound. cop car

Gta 4 cop car horn sound. Does anyone know where I can buy a horn for my car that makes the same sound?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

Re: gta 4 horn sound. cop car

Places like Auto Zone use to sell equipment to give several choices for a horn sound such as the "Dukes of Hazard" Dixie sound. Something like that might also come with the air horn sound. Otherwise, you will need a separate PA speaker with a horn driver that makes the sound you are referring to. However, the only devices I know of are actual police siren equipment. I am not as anal as some other officers about this so long as only the air horn function is used. But the temptation might be too great and if you are caught using the other functions, you may be sitting in a jail cell for "Using Unauthorized Emergency Equipment"; also known as "Pissed Off the Police". Check your State and local statutes before you try using this option. The equipment can be found on various police equipment websites, but most require department letterhead from a supervisor before they will sell it. Then again, you might find something on Craigslist.

Another option would be the air horn from a semi, unless you are looking for the specific police air horn sound. I believe this option requires an air compressor and the horn. Other than these options, I'm not sure where else you could look.
    '99 Laser Red Cougar ATX, MINE!! (SMASHED )

'08 Honda Accord, hers! (Actually having to work now...he he)

Faster than Dan. Lifetime Platinum MemberSuper Moderator B3NN3TT's Avatar

Why don't you refer back to this nearly-identical thread you started LESS THAN A YEAR AGO.

And why is this in the Lounge, which is clearly marked for "non-automotive" subjects?

NECO Member

I would only use the air horn part but that is all I want. In Tn if you have blue lights and you yae them and ur not a cop automatic jail time so no thanks. Concidering im going into LE im not going to even chance it. I just want the awesome cop car sounding horn.

NECO Member

How would the pa system work?

NECO Member

Bennett, that was about the keyless remote beep. This is about the actuall horn.

As far as how the PA works in a police vehicle, you have two components. The first is the speaker itself, which is usually rated at about 100db. The second is the siren/air horn driver. The driver itself is sometimes in two pieces, it just depends on which one you get. The air horn in police vehicles is electronically driven versus a train or semi air horn that uses an air compressor. The speaker is connected to the driver with speaker wire; for police purposes, it doesn't have to be Monster or Rocket heavy insulation wiring. Simple 14/16 guage wiring will work. The problem is where to mount the driver since it's usually a box about 2"x5"x6" (give or take) with the control built in. If you know anything about electronics and such, you might be able to make some mods and tie it directly to factory horn switch.
    '99 Laser Red Cougar ATX, MINE!! (SMASHED )

'08 Honda Accord, hers! (Actually having to work now...he he)

+ Reply to Thread