New Cougar Forum banner

Neon in doors hooked to overhead light?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  99CouGSweetRide 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 V6 Standard, without that convenience package, so I only have the overhead light on the headliner, instead of all those buttons and crap. My question is this -- can I use any of the wiring from that, or from another source, to run small neon lights inside the door wells, so when the doors are opened, the neon comes on? I'm sure this has been answered before, but I've spent the last 20 minutes searching, to no avail. Any ideas are welcomed....

#2 ·
I've hear that you can hook them to the door jambs, so when the door opens the lights come on.......

#3 ·
I've got the driver's side door open, and, according to the Ford CD, there should be a harness that would have normally hooked up to a light when the door pin was activated. I don't see it, nor do I see anything that isn't connected -- and with no lights on or near my doors currently, that doesn't seem to make any sense to me - and other ideas of where I could tap the power for the CTM?

#4 ·
Well I took out my dome light and replaced it with 2 3" neon tubes. I just connected the wiring to those two prongs that held the dome light bulb in place. I imagine you can run the wires across the ceiling of the car, down across the pillar and into the door wells. But you'd have to move the headliner pretty far to get the wires to stay in it.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.