What Have You Done To Your Cougar Today?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: What Have You Done To Your Cougar Today?

Quote Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
    Your problem is that a lean condition has ZERO to do with the catalyst. Lean conditions are 99% of the time a result of a vacuum leak on the intake tract.
    I tested for intake leaks but came up empty handed.

Sent from the motor bay of my S15

2. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

NECO Member Gold Member nadthomas's Avatar

Re: What Have You Done To Your Cougar Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheat Code View Post
    Well you only drive it it under 45 degrees and I'm saying that its under 45 here a lot. So your 'winter' car would be daily driven pretty much half the year.
    Wrong. Try again.

In the Garage
    2013 BMW 328i 2.0T 6 Speed
    2007 Ford Fusion V6 SE
    2002 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4
    SOLD: 2001 Mercury Cougar C2 3L ATX

Sometimes Faster than Dan Lifetime Platinum MemberSuper Moderator B3NN3TT's Avatar

Well you only drive it it under 45 degrees and I'm saying that its under 45 here a lot. So your 'winter' car would be daily driven pretty much half the year.
    I drive it when it's OVER 45 degrees, not under. The summer tires don't like the cold, so it has to stay off public roads when it's chilly outside.

Regardless, it will be going back to winter duty next year. Anybody want to buy a good solid 2001 Saturn SL1? Or heck, maybe I'll sell the Roush and keep the beater... decisions, decisions...

Score!! While at the first junk yard I found 2 cougars to pick from. And I went to the second and I found a SVT Contour with the engine completely unpicked! Interior gagues upper and lower manifold, throttle body and braket, everything is unpicked and clean looking, minus the stock air fliter which is beat up. But even the body still looks okay.

So I found my entire svt lite upgrade for $100 dollars for all parts. :D
    I love that. SVT Contours are so scarce in the yards, so it's always great to run across one. Unfortunately, the one in my local yard was already missing its radiator

Quote Originally Posted by blue02c2 View Post
    I tested for intake leaks but came up empty handed.
    Just put new intake gaskets on it. You can't really check for leaks there effectively unless they are HUMONGOUS.
    I only wish I had a bigger palm and a bigger face.

2000 Roush Cougar 2008 Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

www.B3NN3TT.com CougarDB CarDomain Facebook deviantART Last.fm Twitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    NewCougar.org
    Advertisements

maybe I'll sell the Roush and keep the beater... decisions, decisions...
    The **** did you just say? Don't you dare!
    ~Matt~

Sometimes Faster than Dan Lifetime Platinum MemberSuper Moderator B3NN3TT's Avatar

I'm planning on upgrading in the car department in the next month or so, and I can't have 3 cars, that's just stupid. I would love to keep the Roush, but I HATE to relegate it to winter-beater status. But I do so much enjoy autocrossing it, and driving it, and looking at it; and the sentimental attachment is off the charts. Not to mention, I've sunk so much cash into this thing, any offer would just be insulting to me.

Everybody I talk to about it says I need to just unload it, and it makes PRACTICAL sense - but then, owning this car for 11 years and doing everything I've done to it doesn't make any practical sense, so why start thinking now?

If I do end up keeping it, it will need some body work before it sees another winter, because the rust is starting to bubble up. It hasn't been out in the rain since Mechanicsburg. Maybe I take the cash from selling the beater and put that into rust-proofing...

I'm planning on upgrading in the car department in the next month or so, and I can't have 3 cars, that's just stupid. I would love to keep the Roush, but I HATE to relegate it to winter-beater status. But I do so much enjoy autocrossing it, and driving it, and looking at it; and the sentimental attachment is off the charts. Not to mention, I've sunk so much cash into this thing, any offer would just be insulting to me.

Everybody I talk to about it says I need to just unload it, and it makes PRACTICAL sense - but then, owning this car for 11 years and doing everything I've done to it doesn't make any practical sense, so why start thinking now?

If I do end up keeping it, it will need some body work before it sees another winter, because the rust is starting to bubble up. It hasn't been out in the rain since Mechanicsburg. Maybe I take the cash from selling the beater and put that into rust-proofing...
    3 cars isn't SO bad when you think about it - you and the wife each have one, and then the Cougar is the fun car. Think of all the hobbies someone can have... at least with the Cougar, you can DRIVE it... it moves!

But yes, I'd imagine you could make it pretty well protected with the money from the beater sale. Maybe even a little bit of that clear 3M film for extra protection around the lower areas where salt is likely to be kicked up.
    ~Matt~

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
    3 cars isn't SO bad when you think about it - you and the wife each have one, and then the Cougar is the fun car.
    Oh, that would be easy - but I wasn't counting the wife's car. I would have 3 cars MYSELF, in addition to her SVT Focus. It's annoying enough playing musical chairs with them every day as it is.

I plan on painting my windshield wiper arms to match the red of my car in a flat non reflecting color to match my red blades.

Anyone think this is too much? Or has it already been done?

I'm not much for flashiness like putting svt badges on a cougar or underglow but I don't think red wiper arms is too showy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Last edited by Cheat Code; 2013-03-05 at 10:42 PM.

its already been done...but the only pics ive seen are from decked out cougars...like body kit and all you know...unless you have a differnt than stock color then i dont think its worth...plus it would be hard to match im assuming

NECO Member

In my opinion painted or chrome wiper arms is flat out ugly as sin like that autozone stick on chrome trim that some people practically wrap their car in. Anyway today i rebuilt my rear calipers, put on new front rotors, new brake pads all the way around, changed the oil, cursed out ford for the stupid placement of the oil filter and had my friend clear my CEL so i could get it inspected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 205 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast